Provided by the Entomological Society of America - PEF requests will begin once your symposium has been selected. Instructions on how to submit your PEF request will be sent out once the status of your symposia has been determined. ICE 2016 will provide funds for program enhancement as an incentive to attract speakers, thereby improving meeting content and attendance. PEFs are used to enhance the educational content of the ICE 2016 program and have certain restrictions on their use, as detailed below. PEFs are classified as honoraria and in most cases will not meet the total expenses of the recipient. ICE 2016 registration fees are automatically deducted from the PEFs. The remaining funds may be used for travel, lodging, and other expenses. Symposia organizers can submit their PEF’s through Confex until Friday, October 16, 2015. Priority with be given to symposia organizers who have successful secured additional funding via the ESA Travel Management Sponsorship Program.
- PEFs may be used to attract scientists from other disciplines and may be used for ESA members or non-ESA members, either within the United States or internationally, whether they are entomologists or not and who would not otherwise participate in ICE 2016.
- PEF are available for invited oral presenters only. Poster presenters and presenters of submitted oral presentations are not eligible.
Requesting and Determining Distribution of PEF Funds: All requests for PEF funds must be conveyed to Program Co-Chairs through the Confex system by the deadline: Symposia PEF request deadline: Friday, October 16, 2015
- The Program Co-Chairs will determine the distribution of PEF funds and will notify the Symposia Organizers and the presenter of their decisions.
- All decisions by the Program Co-Chairs are final.
Final Distribution of Funds:
- After August 31, 2016, speaker substitutions will no longer be accepted.
- PEF payments via check will be provided onsite at registration during ICE 2016. Requests for payment via wire transfers may be made onsite during the conference to take place after the conference.